Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is Nancy Pelosi Calling for Censorship


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRySw0uoAk

This is a little scary and somewhat creepy. But then again every time I see Nancy Pelosi it scares me and creeps me out. In the video Nancy gets asked about the tone of the current national debate and gives her opinion on what she seems to feel may constitute a threat to public safety.

What really chills me about this is her subtle talk about taking responsibility for our words, as well as, any as she say's "incitement" that they may contain.

She is trying to raise a specter of people becoming unhinged and doing something stupid. This may be a vehicle that her and her fellow radicals will use to justify government monitoring-and possible censorship of-such mediums as the Internet, chat rooms,social networking platforms etc.

The founders saw government-as well as-government officials-as a necessary evil. This is a good example of why that fear was justified. Especially in light of this quote from aim.org.

"Talk radio’s suspicions of a movement to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine were confirmed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Tuesday June 24 during her comments at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast. When John Gizzi, an editor for Human Events asked Speaker Pelosi whether she favored a return of the Fairness Doctrine, she told him an unhesitating “yes,” reports Gizzi."

I may be slightly paranoid here, but I can see this as the beginning of a rational for using "responsibility" for ones word as an excuse to blame critics for things that fringe nuts might do.

I hope I'm wrong but as hungry for-as well as drunk with-power that the Democrats seem to be I fully expect them to use talk like this to resurrect the fairness doctrine.

Bottom line,only time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Jim McMahon said...

They wouldn't have to worry if they weren't trying to socialize America.

This administration reminds me of the "playground bully" that kept picking on the quiet kid until he finally had enough, and turned around and cold cocked the tough guy. They should've quit while they were ahead, and now they're getting what they deserved.

It's kinda hard to look tough when you're laying on your back whimpering, with your nose bleeding.

I heard about your blog on Jimmy Z, it's very well done and will be a regular stop for me. I've also added your link to my blog page.

Good luck Brother, and keep the heat on.........HIGH!