Sunday, September 13, 2009
Just another lazy Sunday Morning. My post for today is not anything that I wrote. It is something that was e-mailed to me by a friend and is very very relevant for these times. I have read that there were upwards to two million at the rally in Washington Sept. 12 2009.
This message that was sent to me sums up-I believe- the feelinngs of many of those protesters-as well as my own-our so called leaders in Washington need to pay heed to this message, as ,well as the message of the tea party protesters.
""What would you say if I gave you 11 reasons why the elections in2010 will be the most important in the history of the United States?
1. What if I had told you in October 2008, before the lastpresidential election, that before Barack Obama's first 100 days in office,the federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and thebanking industries? That 19 of America's largest banks would be forced toundergo stress tests by the federal government which would determine if theywere insufficiently capitalized, so they must be supervised by thegovernment?Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America..
"2. What if I had told you that within Barack Obama's first 100 daysin office the federal government would be the largest shareholder in the USBig-Three automakers: Ford, GM, and Chrysler? That the government would kickout the CEO's of these companies and appoint hand-picked executives withzero experience in the auto industry and that executive compensation wouldbe determined, not by a Board of Directors, but by the government?Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America."
3.. What if I had told you that Barack Obama would appoint 32 Czars,without congressional approval, accountable only to him, not to the voters,who would have control over a wide range of US policy decisions. That therewould be a Stimulus Accountability Czar, an Urban Czar, a Compensation Czar,an Iran Czar, an Auto Industry Czar, a Cyber Security Czar, an Energy Czar,a Bank Bailout Czar, and more than a dozen other government bureaucrats withunchecked regulatory powers over US domestic and foreign policy.Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen inAmerica."
4. What if I had told you that the federal deficit would be $915billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projectedannual deficit of $1.75 trillion - triple the $454.8 billion in 2008, forwhich the previous administration was highly criticized by Obama and hisfellow Democrats. That congress would pass Obama's $3.53 trillion federalbudget for fiscal 2010. That the projected deficit over the next ten yearswould be greater than $10 trillion.Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America."
5. What if I had told you that the Obama Justice Department wouldorder FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value detainees captured onthe battlefield and held at US military detention facilities in Afghanistan.That Obama would order the closing of the Guantanamo detention facilitywith no plan for the disposition of the 200-plus individuals held there.That several of the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo would be sent to livein freedom in Bermuda at the expense of the US government That ourreturning US veterans would be labeled terrorists and put on a watch list.Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen inAmerica."
6. What if I had told you that the federal government would seekpowers to seize key companies whose failures could jeopardize the financialsystem. That a new regulatory agency would be proposed by Obama to controlloans, credit cards, mortgage-backed securities, and other financialproducts offered to the public.Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen inAmerica."
7. What if I had told you that Obama would travel to the MiddleEast, bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America's pastactions. That he would travel to Latin America where he would warmly greetVenezuela's strongman Hugo Chavez and sit passively in the audience whileNicaraguan Marxist thug Daniel Ortega charged America with terroristaggression in Central America.Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America."
8. Okay, now what if I were to tell you that Obama wants todismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new "FairnessDoctrine." That he wants to curtail the First Amendment rights of those whomay disagree with his policies via Internet blogs, cable news networks, oradvocacy ads. That most major network television and most newspapers willonly sing his phrases like state-run media in communist countries?Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America."
9. What if I were to tell you that the Obama Justice Department isdoing everything it can to limit your Second Amendment rights to keep andbear arms. That the federal government wants to reinstate the so-calledassault weapons ban which would prohibit the sale of any type of firearmthat requires the shooter to pull the trigger every time a round is fired.That Obama's Attorney General wants to eliminate the sale of virtually allhandguns and ammunition, which most citizens choose for self-defense.Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America."
10. What if I were to tell you that the Obama plan is to eliminatestates rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federalgovernment sweeping new powers over policies currently under the province oflocal and state governments and voted on by the people. That Obama plans tocontrol the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, andthe wealth of every US citizen.Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America."
11. What if I were to tell you that the president, the courts, and the federal government have ignored the US Constitution and have seized powers which the founders of our country fought to restrict.
That our last presidential election may have been our last truly free election for sometime to come. That our next presidential election may look similar to the one recently held in Iran. (And maybe under review by ACORN.)I know, I know what you will say.
That will never happen in America. If we don't do everything in our power to stop this madness in 2010, may God have mercy on our souls. Pass this on to every freedom loving American you can.
Thank you.Author unknown