Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You:Scary Truth About Obama care



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44NCvNDLfc

This video reveals one some of the scariest parts of the health reform bill making it's way through congress. President Kennedy said ask not what your country can do for you... And darned good advice it was. Especially in light of this alarming video showing Congressman Mike Rodgers explaining what Obama care actually means to real people in the real world.

The thing that floored me the most is that Mr. Rodgers points out provisions in the bill that would actually allow the government to "dis enroll you and your employer" from the plan you currently enjoy! This is frightening!

All the liberal talking heads as well as politicians are scratching their collective heads trying to figure out what is scaring the daylights out of the protesters,townhallers and teaparty'ers.

They claim it is a manifestation of lingering racism in this country. They can't understand that people feel that government interference and control of their lives is getting out of control.

The liberals at large and in government can't understand that as Congressman Rodgers puts it

..."we're going to raise you're energy costs, we're going to tell you what kind of car to drive,we're going to tell you what kind of bulb to put in, and what kind of window to put in your house, and oh by the way we're going to pick you're doctor and health care plan for you."

They can't understand that government interference doesn't set well with people who are more and more inclined to the sentiment of just leave me the hell alone!

Ask not what your country can do for you very good advice indeed!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You do know that President Kennedy's meaning with those words does not even come close to resembling what you are talking about, right?

Freedomlover said...

Yes I do. My spin on it is that in the case of health care I don't want the government to do anything FOR me except get out of the way and let me live free. We are giving up too many of our freedoms for security. The people who founded this country would be shocked.
Right wing red state conservative Freedomlover

Unknown said...

Well, the play on words was a valiant effort. Kudos.
I agree that the it would be shocking for our founding fathers to learn of current policies, but not as shocking as being visited by a short-sighted time-traveler.

Freedomlover said...

Hi Nick thanks for the comments I value the input of my readers. Btw. If JFK were here today and still held to his political stances of the 1960's he would be ostrasized by the Democratic party and would probably become a Republican or an independent.I think he was a good president in some ways. As far as his quote. JFK thought that people should not seek handouts but seek to serve and better their country.

Unknown said...

Again, I agree with you, but think you are missing the more relevant aspect of your argument (and have a strange preoccupation with time-traveling politicians). We live in a world that is changing at an exponential rate. To hypothetically insert a historical political figure into the context of today's political climate and suppose what might happen as a result is logically meaningless. I will hold off on my criticism of your purported scenario unless you wish to hear it. I am curious, however, to know which political stances in particular you are referring to.

"As far as his quote. JFK thought that people should not seek handouts but seek to serve and better their country."

Are you referencing the quote you used as the title to your article? If so, I must refer you back to my first post. Kennedy's inauguration speech had absolutely nothing to do with "handouts".

Freedomlover said...

One really important stance I can think of was Kennedy's tax policy. He cut taxes and the economy boomed. Actually many of his policies would be deemed 'conservative" and maybe even extremist by today's Democratic party.
I would like to say as far as the title I picked it for two reasons. 1. To get people to read the post. 2. To advise people to be carefull what they asked for from the government.They might not like what they get.

Unknown said...

Well done. You got me to read it. Seriously, though, I think if bloggers want to be taken seriously, they must adhere to a few traditional journalistic ethical standards. Namely: no baiting readers with misleading titles.

Cutting taxes is not solely a conservative strategy. If you cut taxes to the middle and lower class, you are doing it because you believe the extra money in their pockets will stimulate the economy. That is typical Keynesian theory which (I think) you might associate with liberal politics. From what I have read, it seems a lot of people have misinterpreted Kennedy's policies. I won't plagiarize it like I usually do, so
Here's the article
. Let me know what you think. I am enjoying this debate.

Freedomlover said...

Hello again Nick. I am also enjoying the debate. It's one reason I started this.
I read the article. I'll have to do a little research into Keynesian economic theory vs Supply side economics. That said I think that-according to your article- both theories are right. It has been proven that cuting taxes on consumers stimulates the economy. It ii also-I believe- a fact that if companies and indidviduals can keep more of their money this leads to job growth.
Take Ireland for example at one time all they exported was people. Now however they are taking people in to meet the demand for labor. They cut corporate taxes and now are known as the Emerald tiger.
As for the title I didn't mean to mislead only to get reader attention and to form a starting point for warning to watch out for government's helping hand. Befor I go check out some of my other posts. I'd like to get your feed back on them as well.
Again thanks for reading.
Freedomlover